Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cards for Sharon

I worked on some cards recently for my Mother-in-law.  Her birthday was very close to Mother's Day, and I had not been making many cards lately.  I was excited to get to work on this but needed a little inspiration.  One card layout came from a Nichole Heady card, and the other came from a mixture of several ideas I saw on Splitcoast. 

I used the Banner Builder stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink that I got from my friend Shay, and added a little birdie to the line.  There are some flourishes (tone on tone) in the background.  This card is very similar to a card by Nichole Heady in this post and here.

On this card, I used nestabilities dies, Martha Stewart butterfly punch and scallop edge punch, Stampin' Up large butterfly die, and jolee's stickers.  I hand drew the inside line on the labels die for some detail since the word stamp was a little small for the space. Clear gemstones on the butterflies.
 I also love the card I made for my mom, but as usual, I neglected to take a photo.  I'll have to get her to take one and send it. 

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment