Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

My She Art - Part 2

I have been working on several different pieces of She Art and I am finally posting them here.  I am still trying out techniques and looking for my own style with this type of art.  I like these pieces but not sure yet if I LOVE them.  But, I'm ok with that.  The process was awesome and that's what I enjoyed the most.


This first picture is the first attempt at the process.  The background started with spray ink and stencils, and then I used a dotted circle and molding paste to add some texture.  I later used a brayer and other texture tools to add paint to the background.  The top layer includes stamps and rub ons.  I was pretty proud of the painting and shading on the girl too.



I worked on this canvas at my Mom's house while showing her a few techniques.  I did a messy bun on her (sort of like my sister's hair- hey Mandy :) ).  My friend Liz was there and she suggested to make the arms in go in front of the dress instead of behind.  I like how this one turned out too. [Swirl rolling stamp on left, and some rub ons from Stampin' Up! and Basic Grey]



I decided to try something different this time and instead of a person, I added a butterfly and used rub-ons for the tail.  I added a quote from Nathanial Hawthorne in place of the cut out text.  I was unsure of this canvas background when I began, but think it turned out pretty well. [Basic Grey paper, rub-ons from Stampin' Up!]

Thanks for looking!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment