Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

How about a cup of coffee?


I was so inspired by the colors this week - I couldn't tell if it was calling out to me for a card with chocolate, ice cream, cupcake or coffee as the theme, so I decided to go with coffee for a few reasons.  I've been missing my Starbucks trips on the way to work since I've been on summer break. Also, my sister's birthday is coming up soon, and I know she loves coffee - so I looked through my goodies and this is what I came up with.


The card base is tissue tape and  chalk ink lightly sponged over to soften the too bright cream that it started off with. The coffee cup background was a manilla tag and 3 shades of distress ink rubbed on a craft mat and then sprayed with water.  I put the tag in the ink and dried it 3 different times.  I love how the ink looks with this technique, especially those droplets in the center which remind me of a coffee stain. The cups were painted with watercolor crayons.

I used white signo gel pen and white prisma pencil to add coffee swirls and then used a white caran d'ache watercolor crayon to give a subtle hint of steam.  The heart and cups are accented with glossy accents as well.

Espressly for You Birthday Card - Julie Mogford
Paper: Stampin' Up!, manila tag
Stamps: Espresso (Impression Obsession), heart and sentiment (Hero Arts)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Tea Dye, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, and Brushed Corduroy), Color Box Chalk Ink (Lipstick Red) and Versafine (Onyx Black) 
Accessories: Signo White Gel Pen, white Prisma pencil, Caran D'Ache watercolor crayons, Tim Holtz tissue tape, Glossy Accents

Thanks so much for looking!

Julie 


2 comments:

  1. Love that you chose coffee for this week's colors, Julie! Another fabulous card...it is becoming a trend with you. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Great minds must think alike as we are both posting our cards right now.

    ReplyDelete