Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer Card Camp with Kristina and Jennifer

I am so excited to be participating the the Summer Card Camp 2011 hosted by Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire!  After several obstacles, I have my two cards to share.  The first follows this week's color combo assigned on Monday:

Here is my attempt - I think it came out pretty cute!  Thanks to Davis for helping with the sentiment. :)  I really like the whimsical birds and the clean lines.  This was a lot of fun! The orange is a little on the yellow side, but I think it still works.



So 'Tweet' of You - card
by Julie Mogford

Cardstock: Stampin' Up!
Stamp: Magenta
Ink: Memories-Black
Stickers: American Crafts Thickers "Giggles"
Rub Ons: American Crafts
Punch: Stampin' Up!, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Prisma Pencils, Chalk ink (lilac?), Copic B41, Faber-Castell PITT artist pen M

Then, on Friday, more colors were shared and I really liked this combo.


My attempt is close again but not exact.  I liked adding the sewing pattern to the background to give it a little something different.  The paper piecing was a challenge - patterns and colors for this size made it difficult. But, I think it turned out pretty good :)



Fasionably Late Birthday - card
by Julie Mogford

Cardstock: Stampin' Up!
Pattern Paper: Purple polka dot (PapertreyInk), Green diamond (Basic Grey)
Stamps: Dress Forms (Impression Obsession), Sentiment from "First in Fashion" (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memories - Black, Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass and Broken China
Punch: Stampin' Up!, Circle and Scallop Circle (Nestabilities)
Accessories: Pearls (Hero Arts), Flowers (Stampin' Up!)
Other: pink gemstone flower, Prisma Pencils, sewing pattern and mod podge

This was great fun and I am really looking forward to the next challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Super fabulous cards, Julie! Love the coloring, paper piecing and designs of the cards. Guess what? I am also in the class, but I am one of those awful slackers/deliquents people warn you to stay away from! Anyway, super cards (and the photographs are really good too).

    ReplyDelete