Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

How do you take your coffee?

How do you take your coffee? I like it creamy and sweet, cold or hot!  I also like it stamped, colored, paper pieced, embossed, and more!  Here are a few samples of cards and atc's I've made recently using my new coffee stamps designed for Paper Wings Productions.  The sets are called "Play With Your Coffee" and "Frothy Concoctions".  For a detailed view at these stamps, check out this post by Shay at the Aviary blog! 


If you saw this post, you will recognize the card's focal image was used to create a background here.  I used white embossing powder on dark brown cardstock.


I wanted to make a standard travel cup but knew this card could use some fun colors. I added strips of cardstock and pattern papers in fun sherbet shades, and colored the heart in a matching pink/coral hue.


This is my take on a simple gift card holder.  I love to give (and receive) coffee gift cards, and thought this would be a great way to personalize the gift.  I stamped the cup, scalloped label, marshmallows and flourishes from Flourish Fun 2 on watercolor paper, and used watercolor crayons to color the scallops, cup and shadow. Quick and easy!


On this "romantic" coffee card, both the mug and the cup are paperpieced and leaning in toward each other.  The coffee beans make a perfect border along with the scallop oval looking a little "coffee stained" with the sentiment I've bean missing you.


Using book paper as my background, I wanted the steam to still stand out, so I stamped and embossed the steam stamps on vellum, and adhered to the cups with vellum dots.  Since the cups are mounted with foam tape, the steam is set off against the background. 


I bet you are wondering about the difference in the orange cup here and the pink cup above. They are actually the same cup, but with the addition of the "pedastal" stamp added here. I think it gives the cup a more "feminine" look.


I really love frappe style coffee drinks, and the one on this card looks good enough to drink.  The lid is stamped on vellum again to allow a look at the whipped cream - yum!!!  Flourishes on the cup are from Flourish Fun 1 and background flourish from Flourish Fun 2.


Don't really like coffee?  No problem!  This atc features a sweet milkshake, and even includes a cherry on top. The cup would also be cute cut from silver paper for a diner/malt shop look - Fun!


One more atc  - this one reminds me of a cappucino when the coffee and foam start to mix.  I also used the mmm and beans to add a playful border.  The background is a mixture of three different color sprays.


Now I really want a coffee - maybe on the way to work tomorrow.  I hope you enjoyed the samples, and make sure to head over to Paper Wings Productions for these and many more cute stamps!

Thanks for looking - and happy crafting!

Supplies: note - all projects are made with Play With Your Coffee and Frothy Concoctions stamp sets from Paper Wings Productions.

Let's Meet for Coffee - card
ink: Chalk ink - Chestnut Roan, Versamark,
paper: Chocolate Chip SU!, and other scraps from stash
other: Pitt Pen, Close to Cocoa SU! marker, white embossing powder SU!

Sending You Warm Thoughts - gift card holder
stamps: Flourish Fun 2
ink: Chalk ink - Warm Violet, Archival -black
paper: Stampin' Up! cardstock, watercolor paper
other: Caran d'Ache Neocolor II

I've Bean Missing You - card
ink: Chalk ink - Chestnut Roan, Versamark, Archival - black
paper: paper scraps from my stash, book paper, vellum
other: white embossing powder SU!

Have a Frap-a-licious Day - card
stamps: Flourish Fun 1 and 2
ink: Chalk ink - Lipstick Red and Creamy Brown, Archival - black
paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla - SU!, vellum, other scraps from stash. 
other: Close to Cocoa SU! marker, Tim Holtz tissue tape

You are Sweet! - atc
ink: Archival - black
paper: pink cardstock, pattern paper - Basic Grey
other: Pitt Pen, scallop edge punch - SU!

Coffee Makes Everything Better - atc
ink: Chalk ink - Dark Brown, Distress Ink - Tea Dye
paper: Basic Grey
other: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in English Ivy and Electric Blue, Moon Shadow Mist Buccaneer Bay

3 comments:

  1. Your samples are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your samples and thanks for all your hard work and help! The watermark is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    I love your coffee samples--mmmmm! I can taste it now! I hope to pick up some of your stamps this Saturday! Good luck on your new venture!

    ReplyDelete