Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

More Pattern Paper

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing my creation for Day 2 of Online Card Classes: Pattern Play.




I decided to do the ink resist technique on pattern paper.  This is another technique I like to do, but don't remember to do it that often.  I had one of those moments where I wasn't sure what I wanted to use, but started using things that were already on my desk.  {Thanks Shay!}
 
 
I started with the "oh so cute" pattern paper from Studio Calico and die cut it with a die from the Half and Half collection from Papertrey Ink.  When deciding on a stamp to use, I couldn't "resist" picking one of the cute flourishes from Flourish Fun 1 that I designed for Paper Wings Productions. I inked it with VersaMark and stamped it repeatedly over the strip of paper and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Using an ink blending tool I added Worn Lipstick ink from Ranger/Tim Holtz until the background was sufficiently colored and revealing the embossed image.


I needed just a few more details, so I stamped a Thanks sentiment and embossed it in white EP and I had these left over punctuation marks from my Thickers and decided to use them as an embellishment instead of gems.  Definitely a different look, but I like it.


After this long absence, I think I'm finding my crafting voice again and it is such a good feeling.

Supplies
Stamps: Flourish Fun 1 by Paper Wings Productions, Thanks from Hero Arts
Ink: Versamark Ink by Tsukineko, Worn Lipstick Distress Ink by Tim Holtz / Ranger
Paper: Studio Calico "Take Note"
Other: Half and Half die collection from Papertrey Ink, Stampin' Up! embossing powder in Whisper White and Crystal Clear, Thickers by American Crafts from my stash


Thanks for stopping by!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Julie, it is so nice to be seeing and hearing your "crafting voice" again. This is such a beautiful card, I'm glad you shared how you did it. Was the lattice design already on the patterened paper?

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card, Julie! I love that you used your flourishes and what was on your desk. lol

    ReplyDelete